Well, it is finally here. I am officially unemployed / self-employed / moved to North Carolina.
Crazy? Absolutely…but lovin’ every minute of it.
I want to document my adventure in weekly blog form in the hopes that others might find it inspiring, to help others be brave and pursue their dreams and callings, learn from my mistakes. Please subscribe to the blog to see how I’m doing!
In this first blog, let me catch you up to speed:
– 10 May – Last official day of being an IT Contractor for the government.
– 13 May – Left Maryland and moved to North Carolina. Actually, my family has been here since last August, and I was just waiting to sell the house (20Mar18), move all my stuff out of storage and down here to our new place in Brevard, North Carolina, and then hang out in Maryland for a leeetle while longer to store up some cash for the transition period
– Last Week – Basically spent unpacking boxes and getting my studio set up. It’s not much, but it’ll do for the time being. Believe me, I AM GRATEFUL. Still got some more work to do on it, but that’ll come with time.
– 18 May – Went to see the Asheville All Stars play at the 30th Anniversary open air show for “Downtown After 5”, a monthly summer concert series in my new back yard. Every year they have a different set of the top local Asheville musician play music. NEW GOAL: Be one of the musicians picked to play next year!
– 20 May – Today, Sunday, is when I plan on posting my blog entries to let you know what I’ve been up to and what is coming next.
Next Week – Woodshedding. I really haven’t had a ton of time to consistently practice with all this moving / house selling / exiting work stuff going on. But with the studio up and functional and all my amps and drums set up, it’s time to ‘SHED ‘SHED ‘SHED so’s I can SHRED SHRED SHRED! Next Sunday I’m going to have to post a couple videos of me playing some stuff after all this practicing. I’ll be following my GRID / CAPSule regimens (more on that stuff coming soon) as well as learning more songs and perhaps composing a bit. But for the most part, putting in some long glorious ours on my instruments.
‘Till then, have a great week!
Let me know what YOU’RE doing to follow your dreams and make them a reality. Please post your comments below.